The "Gran Sometta" ski lift straddles Valtournenche and Val d’Ayas and connects the ski areas of Valtournenche and Breuil-Cervinia - Zermatt.
As part of a continuous improvement of the skiing offer of the ski area, the Cervino S.p.A. company is proceeding to replace the “Gran Sometta” ski lift with a modern 6-seater chairlift with vehicles equipped with a protective dome.
Considering the context of environmental value within which the works will be carried out, particular attention was paid to environmental and landscape issues related to the implementation of each individual intervention.
The line layout of the chairlift will correspond to that of the existing plant, while a maximum hourly flow of 2,400p / h will be guaranteed.
- boarding altitude at the valley station 2.858 m
- disembarkation altitude at the mountain station 3.093 m
- difference in altitude 235 m
- length 1.163 m
- travel time 4 minutes
- total number of vehicles n. 58
- maximum speed with main drive m / s 5.0